qemu-devel

Re: Future of libslirp in QEMU

From: Daniel Henrique Barboza
Subject: Re: Future of libslirp in QEMU
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 17:21:33 -0300

On 4/20/22 16:08, Anders Pitman wrote:
I noticed in the 7.0 changelog that libslirp might be removed as a submodule in
the future. Since user networking is very important for my project, I'm
wondering if this is simply an implementation detail, or if there are plans to
eventually remove slirp support entirely from QEMU (which would be bad for me)?

Is there somewhere I can read the discussion about this? I searched the mailing
list archives but didn't see anything obvious.

QEMU will still be supporting libslirp. The difference is that now QEMU will be
using libslirp from the distro instead of packaging it itself.

The relevant thread is here:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2022-04/msg00974.html

Thanks,

Daniel