[Qemu-discuss] Is it possible to emulate serial port in qemu-i386?

From: Michal Seidl
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Is it possible to emulate serial port in qemu-i386?
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 16:36:59 +0200

Hello,
as I understand I can configure serial port in qemu-system-i386 in the way I am able to communicate with serial device connected to host. I would prefere to use qemu-i386 as I need to run just one binary.

Situation:

Device with serial interface <-> RaspberryPi (Raspbian, Serial port extension) <-> need to run binary for x86 linux architecture to comunicate with device.

Please just give information if install full OS system in qemu guest is necesary?

Thanks Michal