[Qemu-discuss] Coldfire 5282 Support

From: William Mahoney
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Coldfire 5282 Support
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 19:03:06 +0000

Hello QEMU users.

I am interested in looking into a port for the Motorola Coldfire 5282. I saw
that others in the Coldfire family were supported, like the 5208 eval board and
the 5206 as a bare CPU. When I started looking into it I saw that several files
(e.g. coldfire/flexcan.h and coldfire/intctrl.h) mention CONFIG_M5282 for
conditional compilation. So I did:

./configure —prefix=(etc.etc.) —target-list=m68k-softmmu,m68k-linux-user
—extra-cflags=‘-D CONFIG_M5282’

and a make, and it churned away for a while. It built ivshmem-client and
server, qemu-ga, emu-img, qemu-io, qemu-nbd, and qemu-system-m68k.

I expected to have it build emu-m68k but it did not, just the -system- version.

The qemu-system-m68k does not list the 5282 as a valid CPU, so obviously my
define is not all that is required.

So several questions.

1) Is there really 5282 support and if so…
2) How do I turn it on? And if it can be turned on…
3) The documentation only talks about running a linux kernel but I want to run
an image that already exists and is in the flash on the device.

I assume for this I really want qemu-m68k with the appropriate selection of
CPU, but the documentation is just not there. So! Anyone have advice?

Thanks

Bill M.
Omaha ,NE