qemu-stable

Re: [Qemu-stable] Merging xen fixes and other fixes for 1.3.1

From: mdroth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-stable] Merging xen fixes and other fixes for 1.3.1
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:51:44 -0600

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 06:59:05PM +0100, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> Il 21/01/2013 12:56, Michael Tokarev ha scritto:
> >19.01.2013 19:19, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> >>I see that is started merging for qemu 1.3.1, if is this the actual 1.3
> >>stable branch (https://github.com/mdroth/qemu/commits/stable-1.3-staging)
> >>probably is good add also other fixes.
> >>My last test build was based on this:
> >>http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=qemu-upstream-unstable.git;a=summary
> >>This repository have 1.3.0 including xen bug fixes, done some tests on
> >>wheezy, precise and windows 7 domUs without see regressions.
> >>Probably is good includes also these or parts of these, for example:
> >>xen_disk: fix memory leak
> >>xen: fix trivial PCI passthrough MSI-X bug
> >>Fix compile errors when enabling Xen debug logging.

Thanks, I've pushed these along with everything else currently on my radar:

https://github.com/mdroth/qemu/commits/stable-1.3-staging

> >When I suggested you to write to -stable, I really mean to forward
> >the PATCHES you think are worth to have in -stable.  Maybe you can
> >at least mention all the commit IDs you think are good, not give
> >just a few examples?
> >
> >Should whole qemu-upstream-unstable.git be included in 1.3-stable?
> >
> >Confused....
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >/mjt
> >
> >>I see there are also other spice and qxl fixes not included for now but
> >>probably is good includes also these or parts of these.
> >>Some fixes probably good to check that I found not merged are:
> >>qxl: Don't drop client capability bits
> >>qxl: Fix SPICE_RING_PROD_ITEM(), SPICE_RING_CONS_ITEM() sanity check
> >>For now I not tested them on 1.3 and I can't do good test for them because
> >>I use spice only on xen and qxl on it have some problems not solved for now.
> >>I not know if are xen and/or qemu and/or spice bugs, I tested latest qemu
> >>from git including these fixes but problem with xen persists.
> >>Also if these patches not solved my problems probably are good for solve
> >>problems of other qemu users.

The first patch claims to not provide any functional changes atm so it's
unlikely to fix any existing bugs. So we should probably hold off on
that one.

Sanity check patch prevents a potential guest-triggered
overrun/abort so I've gone ahead and pushed it.