qexo-general

Re: [Qexo-general] limits of for instruction !

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] limits of for instruction !
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:18:28 -0800

Rami RIFAIEH wrote:
I was using in my query the command let and for
to open a certain number of XML files (49860 files) and treat it one by one,
and I discovered that the number maximum of trated files was 8191  (2 power
13),

then I tried this simple query

<number_max>
{ for $a in (1 to 8194)
 return $a
}
</number_max>

the result of the query was: 1 2 .... 8191
this means that the second operand of "for" instruction is as maximum 8192,

Hm.  I'm leaving for a two-day trip, so I can't give you an answer now.
My guess is a bug in gnu.lists.TreeList.  It optimizes "short offsets",
and you may have have run into a section of code which hasn't been
tested before.

(Note that I will have to manually approve postings from
non-subscribers.)
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/