quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt pop, no fully restoring original copy

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt pop, no fully restoring original copy
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 01:36:17 +0200

On Sunday, 14 June 2009 15:37:34 Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> I've created a few patches that will apply properly with "quilt push".
>
> However, when I do "quil pop" ; also no error is reported (files shows
> as being restored or deleted) ; the files aren't actually being
> restored as they should.
>
> Interestingly, if I manually apply the patch using -R on the patched
> files, everything then works perfectly.
>
> This happens with two patches I've created, both of them creating
> directories. I feel this is worth mentioning because none of the other
> patches I created do so.
>
> The patches are big (around 5MB)...
>
> I've put a copy of the output there:
> http://www.pastebin.ca/1459949

I can't guess from the output what the problem might be. Could you please try
narrowing the problem down to a patch which modifies a single file, and send:

 * the original file,
 * the file after "quilt push",
 * the output of "quilt files",
 * the output of "quilt --trace pop",
 * the resulting (corrupted) file.

The --trace output will show you what quilt does internally; the problem
likely is either that patch doesn't create the right backup files when doing
the push, or that the version of he backup-files utility (which is part of
quilt) is broken.

Thanks,
Andreas