radiusplugin-users

[Radiusplugin-users] username end with space can login succeed, but can'

From: Jacky.He
Subject: [Radiusplugin-users] username end with space can login succeed, but can't be accounted.
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:48:37 +0800

Hi,

I have an OpenVPN 2.2 server with radiusplugin 2.1a Beta1 running in a Linux server, with bellowing config:

-----

status openvpn-status.log 1

plugin /etc/openvpn/radiusplugin.so /etc/openvpn/radiusplugin.cnf

client-cert-not-required

username-as-common-name

-----

Everything runs fine, I recently found some user login with an _ at the end of username, like “jacky” can login as “jacky_” successfully, but user traffic can’t be accounted.

OpenVPN logs like:

TLS: Username/Password authentication succeeded for username 'jacky_' [CN SET]

RADIUS-PLUGIN: BACKGROUND ACCT: No accounting data was found for jacky ,1xx.xx.xxx.xxx:57534

I found if I add a space at the end of username in the password file of openvpn client config, I can playback the problem: user can login with end of _ , but can’t be accounted.

And I also check the username in my radius database, it doesn’t contain any _ or any space.

How can I avoid this problem? What I want is:

if user add a or more space at the end of username in the password file, OpenVPN server will refuse the user to login.

Please help, thanks.

--

Best Regards

Jacky