[RP] aterm struggles

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: [RP] aterm struggles
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 04:30:14 +0200

Greetings!

I have a slight problem with aterm under ratpoison (it works fine on
any other WM I tried). When I launch the following script:

,----[ mhpterm ]
| #! /bin/sh
| exec aterm -tr -bg black -fg green -trsb -sh 60 -bw 0 $*
`----

I get a transparent, shaded aterm, as I'd expect. However, there's a
little green border around it, and I can't get rid of that one. (Note
that neither xterm, nor Eterm, rxvt or xvt have this problem)

aterm upstream tells me that it's not a bug in his software, but in
ratpoison.

I have no idea why this happens, but surely it is annoying.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA,
--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]