Re: [RP] aterm struggles

From: sabetts
Subject: Re: [RP] aterm struggles
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:50:38 -0700 (PDT)

At Sun, 26 Aug 2001 04:30:14 +0200 , Gergely Nagy <address@hidden> wrote:

>Greetings!
>
>I have a slight problem with aterm under ratpoison (it works fine on
>any other WM I tried). When I launch the following script:
>
>,----[ mhpterm ]
>| #! /bin/sh
>| exec aterm -tr -bg black -fg green -trsb -sh 60 -bw 0 $*
>`----
>
>I get a transparent, shaded aterm, as I'd expect. However, there's a
>little green border around it, and I can't get rid of that one. (Note
>that neither xterm, nor Eterm, rxvt or xvt have this problem)
>
>aterm upstream tells me that it's not a bug in his software, but in
>ratpoison.
>
>I have no idea why this happens, but surely it is annoying.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas?

This is the window border. ratpoison defaults to giving a window a 1 pixel
border. You can change this is conf.h. Thinking about it now, borders are best
used when you have windows overlapping and when using split screen, but when
there is a single window displayed it really doesn't need a border. So perhaps
the thing to do is only give windows borders when they are overtop of another
one (transients) or if the screen is split.