[RP] Answer to "** The Gimp is impossible to use under ratpoison!"

From: XenoTrout
Subject: [RP] Answer to "** The Gimp is impossible to use under ratpoison!"
Date: Sat Oct 4 18:53:09 2003

Like workspaces, a little glue code will fix the 'problem' of the gimp in
ratpoison. It's really just a matter of setting up the frames. I have
created (and included in this message) a script that splits a frame (it
doesn't use frestore) and selects the gimp windows. Perhpaps it can be put
in contrib to answer the FAQ of using the gimp in ratpoison. I use the
gimp in ratpoison, and I actually prefer it in frames rather than floating
windows.

#!/bin/more
# ratpoison script to set up the gimp
# to use:
#  1. launch the gimp
#  2. source this file with ratpoison: `ratpoison -c source <filename>` or
C-t C-colon 'source <filename>'

# create frames
select -
vsplit 3/4