Re: [RP] ratpoison w/ mac

From: Pawel Kaczor
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison w/ mac
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:09:54 +0200 (CEST)

Dnia 2007-07-25 o godz. 08:38, przyszło od Ben Leslie:

Going to buy a Macbook some time soon I think.  I was wondering how well
the ratpoison (via darwinports) works on them, if it'll work ok with most
programs on it &c?

I use a ratpoison all the time on my Macbook, and it works
fine. However that is because most of the programs I run are X
programs, or at least, my usage pattern is bi-modal. I use X for most
things that are best done with keyboard, and switch out of X for
programs that are (imho) better used with a mouse. E.g: drawing.

Same for me. X on Macbook is a way different world than Mac's "native" applications. If you can work in mentioned bi-modal way I recommend you to buy a Mac and you will love it. I've switched (partially, because still have old Slackware with RP) to Macbook 3 months ago. The system works great and what I really like in it are programs written with Cocoa for which you build your own scripts to control them or use so called Services.

paczor

"A z kwiatków, jakie pan lubi najbardziej? Sztukamięs z kwiatkiem"
----------------------------------[pawel kaczor address@hidden