Re: [RP] A simple bar for Ratpoison

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [RP] A simple bar for Ratpoison
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:52:44 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:25:55PM -0300, Daniel Maturana wrote:
> > Neat! Looks nice and seems to work fine on a first glance. Will
> > probably build a package for Debian out of it.
>
> I'm glad it worked and you liked it :). I should add some command line
> parameter handling, though, otherwise recompilation is needed.

Yep, noticed that only after writing that mail. :-)

> I wonder how the dwm Debian/Ubuntu package deals with this.

It contains two dwm binaries with different configurations:

/usr/bin/dwm.default
/usr/bin/dwm.web

Not really a big choice but better than just one variant.

> > Does rpbar already have some kind of version (i.e. "0.0.1" or so) to
> > refer to? At least grepping through the source code just revealed tons
> > of "version" strings in the GPLv3 text. :-)
>
> Um, no, actually, I should start. I'll get on to it.

Makes packaging way easier.

Anyway, I'll probably wait with uploading to Debian until there's some
configurability besides recompiling. But whoever wants to build his
own .deb out of it, can do that with the code at
http://github.com/xtaran/rpbar

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)