Re: [rdiff-backup-users] file error

From: Farkas Levente
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] file error
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:06:26 +0200

Ben Escoto wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 10:52:24 +0200 Farkas Levente <address@hidden> wrote:

I've got this error since a few weeeks with v0.12.3:
Warning: Attempt to rename over same inode:

Hi, maybe I'll look into it if those warnings get really annoying, or
if you think something is wrong, but those warnings are harmless I
think.  The basic problem is that when you move one hard linked file
over another, there is no error message but the original file remains.
See for yourself:

~ $ cat /dev/null > foo1
~ $ ln foo1 foo2
~ $ mv foo1 foo2
~ $ ls -l foo*
-rw-r--r--    2 ben      ben             0 Sep  1 11:00 foo1
-rw-r--r--    2 ben      ben             0 Sep  1 11:00 foo2
~ $
So rdiff-backup then manually deletes the first file.  If you are
getting these warnings and aren't dealing with hard linked files, then
something is wrong.

that's the problem! I list all file's inode number which are among the warning and thay all different! may be some file in the increment files ...and that's why this annoy me!