Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failing on 11GB file - other large filesworking

From: Wolfe Maykut
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failing on 11GB file - other large filesworking
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:17:00 -0700

        Just another point of data here; I'm also having the same
large file failing that Ty reported, though mine is on a mere 2.4gb
mailbox.  rdiff-backup copied over the first version of it fine, but a
week later when it tried to do a diff of the mostly-similar file (it
was only appended to) it died with this error:

python: ERROR: (rs_file_copy_cb) seek failed: Invalid argument
python: ERROR: (rs_job_complete) patch job failed: IO error
UpdateError admin/datafax librsync error 100 while in patch cycle

        Possibly this is due to this being a pretty weak box; 256mb
memory, and, um, 1gb swap.

        Well, ok, I think I can see why it failed.  =)

                --Wolfe