RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Metadata exists but no associated files

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Metadata exists but no associated files
Date: 04 Sep 2003 17:35:38 -0400

I have not followed this thread, but if you are trying to backup a
windows box, then you will have to overcome the open files issues
related to windows.

In general windows does not allow a backup program to backup a file that
is currently open by another program.

Commercial backup programs pretty universally use Open File Manager from
St. Bernard to handle this.  (Several hundred $$ per PC.)

Hopefully, that is not your issue.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer