Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception: '[Errno 28] No space left on device'

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception: '[Errno 28] No space left on device'
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:11:37 -0600

> I am facing a weird problem. I configure my directory structure like this:
>
> /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/
>   \--> makeBackup.sh
>   \--> backup/
>
> The "makeBackup.sh" script runs the backup and stores it in
> /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/backup. The problem is that I can copy a
> file to /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/ but cannot copy a file to
> /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/backup/, it seems the disk is full but a df
> tells me there is 2.4GB in the partition.
>
> The most strange thing is that the backupWithRdiff is not full but its
> subdirectory backup is. What could be happening?

Well, I personally have no idea (assuming that those directories are
all in the same partition).  Have you tried fscking hdc2?

Anyway, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with rdiff-backup in
particular.  (I'm not trying to scold you for posting to the list,
just suggesting that you ask your non-rdiff-backup friends also if you
haven't already.)

--
Ben Escoto