Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Building librsync on Windows

From: Shawn Willden
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Building librsync on Windows
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:42:23 -0700

On Monday 23 February 2009 11:27:05 am Josh Nisly wrote:
> Probably the best documentation available is the build script that we
> use for rdiff-backup on Windows. This script automates the librsync
> build, including the fix needed for >4GB file support. (It uses the
> Visual Studio Express 2008 for a compiler.) I've attached a (possibly
> slightly outdated) copy.

Thanks!  Exactly what I was looking for.  The current version doesn't appear
to be in the source tarball or CVS.  Perhaps it should be?

BTW, I was able to get MSVSE08 to build a usable DLL over the weekend, but
this will save me having to figure out how to script it up, and I'm sure the
4GiB patch will be useful as well.

> Regarding packaging, I'd personally recommend using Py2exe to build an
> executable, then use NSIS (nsis.sourceforge.net) for an installer. If
> you have more specific questions with either of these programs, I'd be
> happy to help you.

That's the direction I was headed.  Thanks for the confirmation.  I'll keep
your e-mail address around in case I have more detailed questions.

        Shawn.