Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup file consistency

From: D. Kriesel
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup file consistency
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 10:37:14 +0200

If I get it right, there is no such thing as deltas. Every generation seems to
virtually stand for its own. However, double chunks of data (no matter if being
caused by different machines or generations or whatever) are deduplicated in a
generalized way. Nice design! As check for duplicate data made before
transmission, this could be also very efficient (however, one could still
transmit with rsync and than use obnam).

I'll stop spamming this list now with obnam features, however the delta
question is the one that arises for sure when other backup systems are
mentioned here ;)

Cheers
David
--