Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup file consistency

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup file consistency
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:06:01 +0100

@David: if you try obnam please let us know how you get on with it.

I guess one could store rdiff-backup repositories on a deduplication file system such as lessfs or zfs and get the de-duplication benefits. And using the --no-compression switch might or might not bring further space savings (as well as, presumably, faster backups/restores/verifies). But I am not sure if any deduplication file systems are reliable enough for backup?