repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Please review codeberg.org

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: Please review codeberg.org
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 10:02:48 +1000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

> I don't know saass well enough to improve this answer ("not > sure"). A concise definition would certainly help. For > example, > does CI / CD (something codeberg is planning to provide) > count as > SaaSS?

What does "CI / CO" mean? And can someone tell me what activities it consists of? It may very well be SaaSS. If so, the question of what
we should say about it may be difficult.

CI / CD is continuous integration / continuous deployment (or development). But I mainly see CI, rather than CD with codeberg.org / sr.ht. Wikipedia says "In software engineering, continuous integration (CI) is the practice of merging all developers' working copies to a shared mainline several times a day.", but it may also involve compiling and testing code (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration) on a server. I don't know what kind of CI is run on sr.ht, or even ci.guix.gnu.org and whether these services count as SaaSS.

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0