rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Re: openvt in bashrc

From: Eugene Wong
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Re: openvt in bashrc
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:45:18 -0700

From: "chris clark" <address@hidden>

I think that putting openvt in bashrc will cause a new vt to be created each time a terminal window is opened in X.
If this is true, it might be a bad thing.

Also, I forgot to suggest, maybe an if-statement that checked to see which vt was being opened, would help prevent the recursive nature of openvt in bashrc being executed each time. I hope that makes sense.

But I like the other idea that you mentioned in the other thread about logging in almost immediately after power up. There is a chance there for people to choose which kernel is being used, so it's much more logical to allow different people to login at that time.

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong