rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Red Hat No Longer Supports 486

From: Liam Proven
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Red Hat No Longer Supports 486
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:53 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 17:27:57 at 05:27:57PM +0200, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> >
> > Last but not least: do you think you could translate your original
> > message
> > in a RH 8.0 self contained RPM list?

Ah, OK, now I understand.

No, at the moment, I can't.

[1] RedHat 8.0 doesn't include all the software to which I refer.

[2] To the best of my knowledge, neither does any other distribution.

[3] The closest I've seen is VectorLinux:

        http://www.ibiblio.org/vectorlinux/index.htm

> The request refers to that part of Liam's message where he says "What
> to aim for", and describes several useful configurations by listing
> specific tasks (e.g. editing) and/or software packages (e.g. Xfree).

I suggest we start a discussion focussed on deciding just that.

>       1) he had actually configured a desktop or server
>            system in that way, removing every other unneeded RPM

No - or at least, not yet!

--
Liam Proven • http://welcome.to/liamsweb