rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Red Hat No Longer Supports 486

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Red Hat No Longer Supports 486
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:42:34 +0100

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 01:25:57 at 01:25:57AM +0100, Martin Stricker wrote:

> So my question at all of us is: Do we want to find one way to proceed
> with RULE, or could we split up our efforts into several distros
> *without* those nasty distro wars? Opinions and needs are different. If
> we proceed carefully I'm positive that the different subprojects will be
> able to help each other.

"one way to proceed" is against "Opinions and needs are different",
which is way OS/Free SW is so loved. Pragmatically (see previous rants
about bloat happening before distros) different subprojects can happen
without splitting up efforts, person-wise. "main RULE" will still
happen on RH for the simple reason that I, you, Michael, many
others... simply have no minutes left in the day to split for anything
else but sleep :-) , not because RH is holy. If *other* people, like
Liam, start working on something else AND report here what they find
(lean and mean applications, optimal set of libraries, etc...) I'll
happily take it!

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti