Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah and the present

From: Hein-Pieter van Braam
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah and the present
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 14:27:48 +0100

Hello,

Thank you for putting me in CC so I can answer the question.

On Fri, 2016-02-05 at 13:34 +0100, Fabio Pesari wrote:
> On 02/05/2016 01:18 PM, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> >
> > It seems that http://notabug.org also accepts non-free programs,
> > for
> > example:
> >
> >   https://notabug.org/nelis/hg-shopp-theme
> >
> > This has no license information what so ever.  If this is in error
> > or
> > not, I don't know.

If you look on our about page: https://notabug.org/about we do intend
to only support programs that adhere to the 4 freedoms. The fact that
the repository you point out does not have a license file is a problem
and I will contact the owners of the repository and its forks, thank
you for bringing it to my attention. (I have also verified that almost
none of the .php files in that repository have license HEADERS either.)

> This should have not happened, according to what I know. I'm putting
> the
> NAB admin in CC, hoping he will give you a satisfying answer.
>
> But a "report" button would be enough in these cases.

Yes, I will look into implementing some reporting mechanism for this
also. Hearing about this through such a convoluted path is non-optimal
:)

Thank you, and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate
to send me another message.

- HP