Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] hgweb provides a broken file when trying t

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] hgweb provides a broken file when trying to download an archive
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 13:13:11 -0700

Hello Martin,

address@hidden wrote:
> in the following Bug report someone tried to download a specific octave
> revision from the hgweb interface, but got a corrupted file(files in the
> archive were missing).

Ouch!

> I tried it, too, with .gz and .bz2 and got both times an ~6MB file (instead
> of about 20MB), which was broken. looking near the end, I found a python
> error message and stack trace in html.
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?50246

Reading the bug ticket I agree this looks like aproblem with the hg
web interface.

> I don't know, if you are the right people to write to.
> I will give more information, if necessary. I'm interested in the cause of
> this error. If you can resolve it, please tell me.

Yes.  This is the right place to report the bug.  I, personally, know
little about hg however.  We, in the "royal we" of the Savannah folks,
meaning in this case probably Assaf :-), will need to debug it.  This
is an upgrade of the hg web interface from the old to the new.  We
will need to understand it and debug it.  None of us are hg experts.
Unfortunately.

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Bob