Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] A public anonimized savane database for fu

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] A public anonimized savane database for future development
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 01:21:55 -0400

Hello,

Continuing the work to create an anonymized demo database for savannah...

I've prepared a new version of the demo database - smaller, leaner, with more
reduced information. All SSH keys, GPG keys, hashes and passwords have been
removed.
User data was replaced with fake names and emails.
Private items where removed.
Public tracker items are kept (e.g. bugs,tasks, support) - but these are already
public today on the website.

The updated files are on fencepost in /home/a/agn/savane-demo-db ,
and I invite everyone with fencepost access to examine the files and provide
feedback.

The files are:
  savane-demo.mysql/*.sql - one file per table, SQL schema
  savane-demo.mysql/*.txt - one file per table, data dump in tabular format
  savane-demo.mysql.sql - SQL dump in MySQL format
  savane-demo.sqlite3.sql - SQL dump in SQLite3 format
  savane-demo.sqlite3.db - SQLite3 database

The txt files should make it easy to review the data and
see if I missed anything critical.

To further help the review,
there are three scripts in the directory:

  check-ips.sh - grep for IP addresses in the data.
                 hopefully none should be found since I masked them all.

  check-emails.sh - grep for email addresses in the data.
                 hopefully no private emails should be found,
                 except few allowed ones (e.g. mine, Karl's, Bob's).

  examine-files.sh - A script to view each data file with less.
                 Sounds daunting - but there are only 76 text files,
                 and most of them are tiny and clearly do not contain
                 any private data.
                 A cursory view of the files should only take few minutes.

I do hope few people would be kind to spend a bit of time
in reviewing this - I believe this would help us facilitate
easier hacking on savannah code.

If you do spot something suspicious in the data (e.g. a private
email I missed) - please write to me and I'll improve the cleanup
scripts.

Thanks!
 - assaf