[Savannah-hackers] Depending on PHP

From: Dashamir Hoxha
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Depending on PHP
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 03:12:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have written a web application framework in PHP
and I have released it under the GNU GPL license.
I wish to make it a GNU package. However, I have
seen in the licenses page:
http://www.fsf.org/licenses/license-list.html
that the license of the PHP itself is not compatible
with GNU GPL.

Is this a problem for making it a GNU package
(since it will be included in the GNU system and it
depends on software that cannot be part of the GNU
system)?

In this case I will think about rewriting the
framework
in a language other than PHP, which may be Python,
Ruby, Perl, maybe Guile, etc. Which of them would be
better, in your opinion (from the point of view of
legal issues: licensing etc.)?

Regards,
Dashamir Hoxha

p.s. The framework currently is at: