[Savannah-hackers] Optimizng Meta Tags For Maximum Visibility And Placem

From: TrafficPost
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Optimizng Meta Tags For Maximum Visibility And Placement
Date: 10 Sep 2003 03:29:44 -0700

OPTIMIZING META TAGS FOR MAXIMUM VISIBILITY AND PLACEMENT

Welcome to TrafficPost, an informative newsletter about search engine
placement. Are you interested in bringing more Internet traffic to your
business? If you respond to this email we will provide a free analysis of your
Web site.

An important part of our search engine placement program involves optimizing
the meta tags on your Web site to maximize visibility and placement. This
week's newsletter will take a look at some of the different types of meta tags.

WHAT IS A META TAG?
A meta tag is a special HTML tag that provides information about a Web page.
Unlike normal HTML tags, meta tags do not affect how the page is displayed.
Instead, they provide coded information that is analyzed by the search engines
when building their indexes.

DESCRIPTION META TAG
Some search engines use the description meta tag as a brief summary for display
in their search results. A good description includes a marketing statement and
keyword phrases. It should be phrased in a way that will draw customers to a
site just by reading the search engine listing.

KEYWORD META TAG
The keyword meta tag provides the search engines with relevancy data and
association assistance to place and locate a Web site. The keyword phrases
should be carefully chosen to reflect the main focus of a site.

REVISIT META TAG
The revisit meta tag tells a search engine spider how often to revisit a site.
For optimal spidering the interval for revisits should be set to around two
weeks.

ROBOT META TAG
The robot meta tag is used to keep search engine spiders from indexing
particular pages of a Web site. If all section of a Web site are to be spidered
the robot meta tag should be set to "all".

COPYRIGHT META TAG
The copyright meta tag lets other viewers and search engines know that the work
on a particular Web site is copyright protected.

OUR SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION PROGRAM
The best way to get noticed by the search engines is to use a professional
search engine placement service like ours. We use expertise and technological
know-how to get you top search engine placement:

1. Our professionally trained technicians help you to choose the 20 keyword
phrases that best reflect the main focus of your site.

2. We use those keywords to optimize your meta tags and build 200+ HTML
advertising pages designed to conform to the ranking criteria of the top search
engines.

3. Since many search engines now use link popularity in their rankings, we
employ link building strategies such as reciprocal link relationships with
related businesses.

4. We manually submit your site to Web directories like the Open Directory
Project. (We do not submit to spider-based search engine because research
indicates that these types of search engines give preference to sites that
their spiders find through links.)

5. Our online client reporting system puts tracking information at your
fingertips so that you can monitor your site's progress.

6. Free customer support is always available for active clients through our
toll free customer support hotline. Active clients can check their search
engine kword rankings with our online reporting system.

If you are not an active client and would like information on our Power Click
Network, search engine optimization services, or a free keyword analysis of
your Web site please respond to this email and include your name, phone number,
and site URL.

SEARCH ENGINE NEWS FROM AROUND THE WEB

Web Search Content Ads Seen Falling Short
http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2003/08/29/Web_search_content_ads_seen_falling_short

Lycos Europe Overhauls Hotbot Search Site
http://www.netimperative.com/cmn/viewdoc.jsp?cat=news&docid=BEP1_News_0000056847

How Google News Compares to Competition
http://www.cyberjournalist.net/news/000691.php

Sizing Up the Search Competition
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5069571.html

TO BE TAKEN OFF THE TRAFFICPOST NEWSLETTER MAILING LIST GO TO
http://trafficpost.net/address@hidden