[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of ZOE - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of ZOE - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 19 Sep 2003 08:03:37 +0200

address@hidden said:

> Zoe <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: other
> Other License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/1.0/

This license is not a Free Software license according to GNU.

This license tells that "You may not use this work for commercial
purposes" which is a problem.

We host only Free Software at Savannah.

> Package: ZOE System name: zoe Type: non-GNU

> Zoe is a  web based e-mail client with a built in SMTP server and Google-like
> search functionality that lives on your desktop. Zoe is written in java

You must determine whether your project can run on a Free
Software Java suite (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more
information).

Please provide us more information about this point.

> and uses Lucene technology to provided instant searching and
> threading of your e-mails.
>
> Other Software Required:
> http://zoe.nu/itstories/story.php?data=stories&num=21&sec=1

Are all the software printed at this page required?

If so, your project requires proprietary software and cannot be
hosted on Savannah for this reason.

Savannah is willing to provide resources and time to developers
writing Free Software that can be used without the need to ask
permission from proprietary software vendor.

> Other Comments: I'm exploring alternatives for hosting my project
> development infrastructure :) And I was wondering if codehaus would
> be a good fit for it...
>
> You can find the project site here:
>
> http://zoe.nu/
>
> About:
>
> http://zoe.nu/itstories/story.php?data=stories&num=16&sec=1
>
> Mandatory screenshots:
>
> http://zoe.nu/itstories/story.php?data=stories&num=23&sec=2
>
> Download:
>
> http://zoe.nu/itstories/story.php?data=stories&num=24&sec=3

 In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under a specific license, please place copyright notices and
permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of every file of source
code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of your license.

Please register your project once more with the changes
mentioned above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: