[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of mytunes - an mp3 player. - savannah

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of mytunes - an mp3 player. - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 29 Sep 2003 08:51:40 +0200

I have approved your project.

About inclusion in the gnu project, check
<http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_toc.html>

I would like to bring to your attention that mp3 is a proprietary
format encumbered with several patents. Even if it's currently free as
beer, it is not free as in freedom of speech.
There's a good alternative, which is called ogg vorbis. It would be
very nice if your software support also this format.

Regards,