Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Salvager - savannah.gnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Salvager - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 07:03:28 -0500

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 09:34:10PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Aaron D. Ball <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Salvager
> System name: salvager
> Type: GNU

> The source for Salvager is at <http://dbts.org/salvage/>.

I could not visit the site.

Please provide me a direct url to download the sources.  That's more
convinient for me.

> Salvager attempts to read as much as possible of a damaged file (e.g., one
> that includes bad disk blocks) in an efficient manner.  This is not a trivial
> problem, since failed reads can take much longer to return than successful
> ones, and so it's important to postpone multiple reads in dubious areas in
> favor of looking for easily recovered data elsewhere.
>
> Other Software Required:
> Salvager is written in C and depends only on the GNU C library.
>
> Other Comments:
> I entered this project as "salvage" earlier today, but hit the back button at
> one point in the process, causing a bogus "salvage" project to be created.  I
> would rather this project be called "salvage" than "salvager", but it doesn't
> make a big difference.

I have removed that incomplete registration too.

Please register your project once more with the changes
mentioned above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

Regards,

Rudy