[Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on savannah

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on savannah
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:41:35 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> However, there seems one (hopefully) minor issue left:
>
>   Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:47:41 +0100
>   From: Erik Schnetter <address@hidden>
>   To: address@hidden
>   Subject: tree-ssa branch on savannah
>
>   I am unable to check out the tree-ssa branch from savannah, while the
>   main branch works fine.  I receive the error message
>
>   $ cvs -z9 -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcc checkout -P
>   - -rtree-ssa-20020619-branch gcc
>   cvs [server aborted]: cannot write /cvsroot/gcc/CVSROOT/val-tags:
>   Permission denied
>
> Would you mind having a look?

Actually, there is another one, which others reported previously, but
which may not have been clear for someone not closely familiar with GCC.

The GCC CVS repository contains more than one module, at least gcc (the
compiler proper) and wwwdocs (the web pages and scripts) are relevant.

The latter is completely missing from savannah, and of the former, only
a single directory is present (name the directory called gcc) where there
should be many further directories and files in the top level.

My guess is that in your invocation of rsync, somewhere you have one
"/gcc" too much, for example "/cvs/gcc/gcc" instead of "/cvs/gcc" --
or something along these lines.

Hope this helps,
Gerald