Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah script

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah script
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:06:34 +0100

Hello,

Thanks for your help!

This is the right mailing list.

I have some comments:
- Savannah is part of the Free Software movement and not the Open Source one. While both are pretty similar in practice, they have different values that can lead to significant differences in the long term. Please refer to Free Software at Savannah.
(more info at www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html)

- I think 'gpg --output gpgkey.txt --armor' lacks the --export <key_id> switch. This also requires you get the key_id (or e-mail adress) from the output of gpg --gen-key.

- The user for uploading at savannah.gnu.org should be anonymous instead of ftp.

- There is an old reference to variable '$Directory' in the ftp commands

- The script may be renamed so as to avoid confusion with Savannah(. gnu.org) or Savannah/Savane(the software). What about savannah_helper?

Users may be interested in using your script indeed. Do you want to upload it somewhere we could provide a link to?

--
Sylvain