Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of debatepoint : web-based debate soft

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of debatepoint : web-based debate software - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:30:08 -0300

Doug <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Doug,

> Hi Jonathan
>
>> Can you provide us with an URL to download the 'MagicWandForPHP'
>> dependence? We wish to know if it is using a GPL-Compatible license.
>>

> http://www.magickwand.org/download/php/
>
> from the LICENSE file:
> "MagickWand for PHP is released under the terms of the ImageMagick
> license, detailed below."
>
>> I reviewed the source code in the URL that you point us. You have the
>> Copyright and License notices missing in some files, consider to fix
>> this. Keep in mind that any file with more than ten lines long should
>> carry on a Copyright and License notices, this rules include css
>> files, image files, SQL files, etc.
>>

> done.
> I'm not sure how to license the image files, so I added a LICENSE file
> saying that they are under the GPL v2.

That's the solution, apologies I forgotten to tell you. You have to
include the Copyright and License notices for these files. The
Copyright notices should come with the list of years and with the '(C)'.

>> As you chose the GPL v2 or later, consider to drop the text '(at your
>> option)' in the License notices, this will make it GPL v2 or later
>> compatible.
>>

> done.
>
>> If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
>> us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
>> will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.
>>

> http://www.debatepoint.com/debatepoint-2005-01-07.tar.bz2
>
> should I be resubmiting this to savanah?

No, you do not need to do that.

The license does not contain the last section, titled "How to Apply
These Terms to Your New Programs".

Please use a complete verbatim copy of the license, which
may be found at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt,
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt or
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt.

The license must be copied verbatim and in its entirety.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Regards,