[Savannah-help-public] Unable to access binutils project on Savannah

From: Nick Clifton
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to access binutils project on Savannah
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:46:05 +0100

Hi Guys,

  I have been trying to access the CVS repository for the binutils web
  pages on savannah, but my SSH keys are not being recognised.  I
  tried uploading my normal id_dsa.pub key first and when that did not
  work I created a brand new key (called id_savannah) and gave that a
  go.  I did wait for more than an hour before trying the keys
  (actually I waited overnight), and I am using an ssh-agent to hold
  the keys.

  I looked at the keys in the My Account Configuration web page and
  they looked OK - no breaks that I could see.  I used Firefox to
  upload them (version 2.0.0.12).

  Attached are the outputs from running cvs and shh as suggested in
  the Troubleshootings section of the SshAccess web page.  Any clues
  as to what I am doing wrong ?

Cheers
  Nick Clifton

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Output from "cvs -t -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/binutils co binutils"

 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/binutils
 -> safe_location( where=(null) )
 -> Starting server: ssh -l nickclifton cvs.savannah.gnu.org cvs server
Permission denied (publickey).

cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
 -> Lock_Cleanup()

Note: I get the same output if I use ":/web/binutils" instead of
":/cvsroot/binutils".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Output from " ssh -v address@hidden"

OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006
debug1: Reading configuration data /home/nickc/.ssh/config

debug1: Applying options for *

debug1: Applying options for *

debug1: Connecting to cvs.savannah.gnu.org [199.232.41.69] port 22.

debug1: Connection established.

debug1: identity file /home/nickc/.ssh/id_rsa type -1

debug1: identity file /home/nickc/.ssh/id_dsa type 2

debug1: loaded 2 keys

debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_4.3p2
Debian-9

debug1: match: OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9 pat OpenSSH*

debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received

debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none

debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent

debug1: Host 'cvs.savannah.gnu.org' is known and matches the RSA host key.

debug1: Found key in /home/nickc/.ssh/known_hosts:18

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received

debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey

debug1: Offering public key: /home/nickc/.ssh/id_dsa

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey

debug1: Offering public key: address@hidden

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey

debug1: Offering public key: id_savannah

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey

debug1: Trying private key: /home/nickc/.ssh/id_rsa

debug1: No more authentication methods to try.