Re: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to access binutils project on Savannah

From: Nick Clifton
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to access binutils project on Savannah
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:23:34 +0100

Hi Steven,

I've had a look at your account entry, and it looks like the ssh keys set in there are corrupt in some way.

Yup - I had the starts and ends of the keys, but not their middles - there were embedded tab and space characters. :-(

I think the best next step is for you to remove them completely and then add them back again. Please allow the hour for cron to catch up, before trying ssh again.

Done that and it worked this time. :-)

For the record the change I made was not to try to copy and paste the key from a terminal window to the my accounts web page, but to load the key into firefox (via its 'open file' menu option) and then to copy and paste it between tabs.

Cheers
  Nick