[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107667] CLISP: Permission denied

From: shailesh
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107667] CLISP: Permission denied
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 17:35:48 +0000

In April, I had approached one of the project maintainers (& cced michael)
about this issue, but neither the group has been made public, nor the jobs.

Also, i had brought to notice about it on www-discuss, since it being in the
category of 'http://www.gnu.org portion'. But, it was concluded there that its
not a problem. I agree its okay that its actively maintained on sf; But if it
does have a project registered on savannah in its name, it should be
accessible.

Thank-you for stating that a GNU package should not be private.

Best approach would be to incorporate it in the system.

To overcome above problem i would suggest
- When category is set to "Official GNU software" or "http://www.gnu.org
portion" or "http://www.gnu.org translation team", Then disable 'private'
feature.

Regarding the issue of private jobs: (assuming project & jobs can be marked
public/private independent of each other)
- If Job is private,
Then exclude job from listing
- If Job is public && Project page is private,
Then some contact must be provided by maintainer where a potential contributor
can contact as the project page is inaccessible.

And, corresponding alert/inline messages can be shown to maintainer,i.e, while
setting project category, while setting project/job as private.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107667>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/