[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107880] 'docs' menu purpose/issues

From: Steve White
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107880] 'docs' menu purpose/issues
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 10:39:49 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: Stevan_White
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

On each project's page, there is a 'docs' menu.
I don't need it
It is ugly and perplexing.

When a user opens it, they see stuff that has nothing to do with my project:
---------------------------------------
Project Main Pages:
    For Everybody:
        Delays on update  (From Savannah User Docs)
        Markup Reminder  (From Savannah User Docs)
Cookbook:
    For Everybody:
        Fighting Spam  (From Savannah User Docs)
... and a lot of other stuff, much of which is repeated.

1) I don't use this menu for my project -- the docs are available on the home
page and elsewhere.
   I would prefer to make it invisible to visitors.

2) Much of what is currently on the list of docs is mostly for admins.  It
shouldn't show up for casual visitors.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107880>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/