[savannah-help-public] [sr #109126] Password Recovery "Missing Parameter

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109126] Password Recovery "Missing Parameters"
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:51:30 +0000 (UTC)

Update of sr #109126 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi. The password reset URL will include an identification string at the end.
I think if you are getting missing parameters then that string is missing.
The URL looks similar to this fake one:

https://savannah.gnu.org/account/lostlogin.php?confirm_hash=w44xdprnqcuddjwgajx1zvva2hswkrrz

The entire string including the part after the ? and the confirm_hash=foo part
must all be included in the URL or it will have missing parameters.  In other
debuging I have seen that some mailers do not match the entire string and
therefore fail to include the parameters.

Try cutting the entire URL and manually pasting it into your web browser.
That should work.

Also some browser plugins cause problems.  Such as trying to convert GET
parameters into POST parameters.  If the above does not work then try using a
different browser at least for this operation that does not have any plugins.
Or disable all plugins.  Or try the browser private browsing incognito mode
without plugins.  That should also work.

I am leaving this ticket open and waiting to hear the good news that you have
been able to perform the password reset. :-)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109126>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/