[Savannah-register-public] [task #5272] Submission of CAKE, Key Addresse

From: Eric Hopper
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5272] Submission of CAKE, Key Addressed Crypto Encapsulation
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:12:02 -0800

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8370>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  CAKE, Key Addressed Crypto Encapsulation

System Group Name:
-----------------
  cake

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  CAKE = Key Addressed Crypto Encapsulation.  The idea is to create a set of
programs that speak a new protocol, and enable other programs to also speak
this new protocol easily.  The basic idea of the protocol is that all
communications should happen between the owners of two public keys.  All
messages in the protocol have a source address that is the hash of a public
key, and a destination address that is the hash of a public key.  Messages
are only readable by their destination.  The destination can verify the
source of all messages.

Recently I've been working on changes so that the destination cannot prove
the source of the messages to 3rd parties.

This project is not in a fully working state.

The source can be found in a Subversion repository at:

https://svn.generalpresence.com:5131/cake/trunk/CAKE/

I want to put the project here as well as this is a stricter and more
definitive source for free software projects.

Other Software Required:
  This project depends Python and boost::python.  It also depends on Dr Brian
Gladman's AES implementation and Aaron D. Gifford's SHA2 implementation.  Most
of these are available under BSD-style licenses.  I'm unsure of Python's
license, but it I know it's a free software license.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5272>