[Savannah-register-public] [task #10294] Submission of Basic Utilities I

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10294] Submission of Basic Utilities I Like To Use
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:51:30 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => alexfernandez

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi Boris,

I am reviewing your submission on behalf of Savannah; as I am on trial please
don't be offended if I make too many mistakes in my review. There are a few
issues in the submitted package:
* The file util/clown/doc/readme.txt speaks about "open source". While the
Open Source movement promotes a similar approach to software development to
free software, the GNU project favors the latter for ethical reasons. Please
read about why free software is a better term
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html>.
* That file also speaks about "an apache license". This contradicts the
license headers.
* All pom.xml files need a license header (as an XML comment). Same for all
other XML files.
* A readme file with licensing info for artwork (such as
mime/src/test/resources/test.jpg) is required.
* A bit of cleanup would probably be good: the tarball contains all .svn
directories and all .class files, besides Eclipse artifacts.
* Just a detail, but aren't Java packages supposed to be called
"com.builtu..." or "org.builtu..."? They all start with builtu...
* For convenience, the top directory in builtu.tar.gz should be called
"builtu", not "code".
Could you provide an updated version that corrects these issues, at least the
major ones?

As a personal note, your project looks quite interesting for Java
development, even more now that the JDK is free software. Good luck!