[Savannah-users] Re: [Savannah-announce] Savannah status

From: Ed van der Meulen
Subject: [Savannah-users] Re: [Savannah-announce] Savannah status
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:55:22 +0100

At 15-3-2007 00:00 +0100, you wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for this email

The server for savannah.gnu.org has experienced a multiple disk
failure, bypassing the RAID5 safety.

That is bad. Protection against one disk failure, but now a multiple diskfailure.

With a common Source?

New disks were received (March 14
AM).

Not expensive

SV was brought to the offsite backup location (14 March 9PM GMT),
where the FSF sysadmins are trying to recover the filesystem,

That can be a huge problem. Do you use geom raid5. You will need also a great processor for it.

And dedicated hardware raid is too expensive.

or if
that fails, restore the latest backup image.

That is a safe way.

 Then the machine will be
brought back to the colocation at Quincy, MA (about 1h30 drive away
afaik). We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Not so important I think. People will have also local storage. So they can upload again to you.

We posted a notice about the downtime at gnu.org and fsf.org.

Webpages, mailing lists, ftp|alpha.gnu.org and other GNU services are
not affected.

--
Sylvain

Do you know how we work

We start with gathering ideas like with horizons. Before the horizons we know enough and we can start developing with two members. Protected to go into niches. One close to the problems. The other at more distance. For the greater view on it. Faster working than in another way.

User Modules making top down and working top down. Workmodules making bottom up and working also bottom up. And that doing with only friendly emailing. First the comment comes existence and often with ascii pictures for clarification. Later the statements are arriving

That are our ways. So in the beginning I can't show some code. We start at an earlier point.

The things beyond our viewable horizon are our dreams for next versions

We promote you as well.

We promote also a new ERA with already success in my country. Soon it will break through. Now it's stopped by people who are against us. But we are based on famous scientists and we have convincing papers on our sites and we promote vividly over the world.

Please stay reading your own newspapers. It wont last long anymore.

Please have success

ed