[Savannah-users] Re: [Savannah-announce] Re: Savannah status

From: Ed van der Meulen
Subject: [Savannah-users] Re: [Savannah-announce] Re: Savannah status
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:49:55 +0100

At 15-3-2007 23:31 +0100, you wrote:

Hi,

Savannah is up and running again after about 2 days 1/2 downtime.

The system was completely restored using the backup from Sunday night,
and a partial backup from Monday night (Boston time).

We still have concerns about the RAID hardware (3 old + 1 new SCSI
disks failed); we're going to order more parts and replace them asap.

Great?

Modern disks are often better that old disks. Also it's safer to buy different disks so the chance is low for multi disk failure. Spreading the risk.

We'll post more info on the Savannah homepage in a bit.

Thanks to everybody among the FSF Sysadmins and the Savannah Hackers
who stayed up late working on the recovery!

I know that. Always a lot time we need then. Yes, they will need rest as well then.

--
Sylvain

ed