Re: [Savannah-users] sftp authentication error

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] sftp authentication error
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:04:56 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 10:00:30AM +0200, Donn wrote:
> > Can you give the exact URL (with the username you used)?
> > What happens when you use s_ftp_ from the command line?
> From Konqueror I get this error:
> An error occurred while loading
> sftp://address@hidden/releases/fontypython:
> Authentication failed.

I don't have this error with my account, not my your account if I
force my key in it (I'm a Savannah admin btw).

Maybe you have a SSH configuration for openssh that doesn't apply in
Konqueror?

> From the command line both scp and sftp work fine.
>
> I noticed a few days ago that Konqueror came up with a certificate error when
> I visited Savannah, I said to use it for now (I think). I will try this from
> another browser -- I'm sure the problem is with Konqueror.

The certificate for the web interface changed, but this has nothing to
do with SFTP (check http://savannah.nongnu.org/tls/ for details)

--
Sylvain