Re: [Savannah-users] How to upload large file, slow connection

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] How to upload large file, slow connection
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:59:48 -0700

Hi Kaz and Jordi,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 28 January 2013 03:26, Kaz Kylheku <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:04:52 +0100, Gerardo Ballabio
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I uploaded the file with the help of a friend who has a faster connection.
>>> If there's another way I'd still like to know though.
>>
>> Just use GIT. The CGIT web interface exports snapshots of your code as
>> tarballs.
>
> Or Mercurial, it also creates snapshots, e.g.:
>
>     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/archive/tip.tar.gz

OP was asking how to upload a tarball to his website on a slow,
unreliable connection. I don't see how the auto-snapshot feature of
either git or mercurial helps.

Is git and/or mercurial able to do a commit/push, have the commit/push
be disconnected, and then resume the single file partway through?

Jan