Re: [Savannah-users] what are the usefulness criteria for submitted code

From: john smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] what are the usefulness criteria for submitted code?
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 23:38:54 -0800

Thanks for your reply, assaf! I feel like we are finally making progress,
and I am delighted to hear that you would welcome objective criteria over
the subjective judgements, in case if such a replacement is practically
possible. I hope you are voicing the general sentiment of the Savannah
community, and not just your personal opinion. In a way, what you are
saying is a game-changer, and now I can finally level with the Savannah
community in regard to the code I submitted. I am fully aware it needs
improvement, to put it lightly. But just so you know, I submitted it in
good faith, with the intention of eventually making it useful for the
general audience. I've had absolutely no idea a subjective test would be
applied beyond what is stated on the Web. After all, it's not like my
submission was a single text file. While there is some (like may be a few
KiBs) of generally useless crap, there are also some really awesome
portions, like /dobackup/, and some moderately good ideas, like /open/.

I let the reviewer know that the ticket can be closed, since I would have
never submitted anything at all if I understood the entire rejection
policy. It will take me some time to process your extremely informative
post, but eventually I will come back here and/or in one of the venues you
mentioned, and make some constructive suggestions in regard to the future
development.

This is not by any means the end of this conversation, and if any other
admins would like to weigh in, I'd really appreciate it.