Re: [Savannah-users] Savannah project => German law, "Impressum" (imprin

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Savannah project => German law, "Impressum" (imprint) necessary?
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 14:27:26 +0200

Hi Dieter,

Am Mon, 14 Aug 2017 13:22:37 +0000 schrieb address@hidden:
> Hi,
>
> please forgive me to pull up a 10-year old message.
> It is even more relevant today. To clarify:
>
> Said law requires every user who publishes content on the
> web to provide his full name and postal address at the
> project site. Otherwise severe criminal prosecution may result.

Although I am not a lawyer, I doubt that this is true.

As far as I know it is only necessary to print an address on a
webpage when your page has businesslike (German: "geschäftsmäßig")
intentions. A very interesting read is the following page:

https://www.it-recht-kanzlei.de/Thema/impressum-tmg.html

I, personally, do not ask for donations for me or my team on my project
website, I don't put any suggestions there like ("buy this cool software
development book!") and I don't put links to any commercial
institution. Therefore I feel as if it is not necessary to put my
physical address on my project webpage (located on GitHub). Maybe this
is also a solution for you?

> Regards,
>    Dieter

Best wishes