[Savannah-users] Savannah mailing-lists and GDPR

From: Uwe Scholz
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 00:03:40 +0200

Hi,

on May 25th the European General Data Protection Regulation
will become active (see https://www.eugdpr.org/) and I am wondering
if and what the admins at savannah.nongnu.org will do to be GDPR
compliant on that date. Is there already a discussion / work ongoing
in the background?

A nice and relatively short overview of what has to be done is given
here, for example: https://termsfeed.com/blog/gdpr-privacy-policy/
This is just a link I found after some seconds of searching. There are
many other help pages being similar to that one.

Coming back to Savannah: I am especially wondering for example: if a
member of a mailing-list want's to know what of his data is stored on
Savannahs servers, where will he get this information? (I am thinking
of email address, Name, IP address, the date when the subscription was
made, etc.). For me as the admin of a mailinglist: How can I help the
user to get this information? Am I allowed to do that? Or can I forward
his request to the Savannah admins?

Another point: Are there any changes in the email subscription page
planned? I believe a more detailed disclaimer would be necessary, as
far as I read the advises from several pages on the internet, as the
one given above.

As you can see: many open questions... I hope someone from you guys can
answer them. :)

Best wishes
Uwe