[Savannah-users] Basic information

From: Sundaresh Venugopal
Subject: [Savannah-users] Basic information
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 13:11:37 +0530

I wish to host my project here. Before I register it I need detailed
information on how to use all the project development and all the project
management tools which you make available
on your system with links to documentation for them. Ideally, I would like
to know the list of the programs to use and the commands I have to issue on
the terminal to
perform all of the following

1) Logging into your system , preferably not from a browser, but from a
terminal on my local system.
2) Using the version control and the s/w development tools which you
provide with documentation for using them.
   Although on my local system I do not use version control but I have most
of the latest version of gnu s/w development tools, and I prefer developing
locally.
   Besides I think it might be a good idea to have my work in two places,
one locally on my system and one on your system. Even if you provide
facilities
   for maintaining backups for a project and I primarily use your system,
still I would like to have a copy of my project locally on my system as
well, so development
   with periodical update could take place either way.
3) The different types of mailing lists to set up for the project and how
to set up and manage these mailing lists.
4) The facilities and the tools you provide for building and hosting
web-sites static or dynamic associated with the project along with the
actual s/w for my project.
    What about domain name ? I do not need a dedicated domain name, even a
sub-domain is alright, just as long as my web-site shows up on the search.
    How to set up the web site with download links to directory containing
different versions etc.