screen-devel

[screen-devel] GNU screen on Debian 9.0 runs with root account only

From: Oscar Barreca
Subject: [screen-devel] GNU screen on Debian 9.0 runs with root account only
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 20:27:21 +0200

Hi,

I'll be short and to the point. I have GNU screen on my Debian 9.0 OS installed since almost a month, but ever since the last upgrade I was never able to use screen with my normal user account (uid 1000, not a system-level user). I am a bit displeased, because screen was, for a long time, a program I was very happy to use.

I will not provide any other information because I have already shared them on SuperUser. This is the post I opened several weeks ago when I encountered this unexpected behavior ("bug") for the first time. If you think the whole Internet community can benefit from hearing your solution to this very specific issue, I encourage you to post a reply on SuperUser. Otherwise, if you see reason not to do so send me a private reply.

Please note that there are multiple recipients for this e-mail. Further, if you need more information about my setup, feel free to ask it directly or on the SuperUser post.

I'll be waiting for your help. Regards,

Oscar